Inline

Jeff C

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 7:43 PM, Radim Kolar <hsn@sendmail.cz> wrote:
> Hmm, virtual server is supported in Geronimo 3.0.
If i remove deployement to virtual server, then applications deploys and starts. but not runs probably due to spring version conflict issue.

java.lang.NullPointerException

       at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.mapping.filter.UrlMappingsFilter.doFilterInternal(UrlMappingsFilter.java:150)

       at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)

       at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)

       at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)

       at org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:88)

Before I checking the exception, it will be better if you could directly configure the virtual host in the server.xml file in the /var/catalina directory.
Actually, configuring virtual hosts should be done easily in GUI console like in other application servers. configuration in config.xml is kinda cryptic.

> BTW, due to the timeline of the incoming 3.0-beta-1 release, I did not have chance to merge the root context changes to that build. not sure it will affect your decision.

I currently could not get anything grails made to run in 3.0 due to not yet discovered  classloading setup. I hoped that moving to OSGi will remove these kind of problems but it is worse because inverse classloading/non overitable classes combo is not supported in 3.0.
You may use <import-packages/> in your deployment plan for 3.0.