On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 7:12 AM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

On Nov 17, 2011, at 6:43 AM, amergey wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Following the anouncement of the beta1
>

>> Support SUN's Java Enterprise Edition 6.0 Full Profile specification:
>> - JDBC 3.0
>> For details about Full Profile specifications, please visit Java EE
>> specifications website.
>>

> According to Java EE 6 specification website
> (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javaee/tech/index-jsp-142185.html),
> JDBC should be 4.0, not 3.0.
>
> Are there any plans to be compliant to JDBC 4 before Geronimo 3 release ?

Well, the tck passes and I would have thought it was testing JDBC 4.  However the tranql wrappers we use don't support the new methods.  I think it's time that we upgraded tranql to java 6 and added in the new methods.  This will make new tranql releases not work on java 5 (wrong class file format) but if we need to fix bugs we might try a tranql java 5 branch.
Yes, tranql java 5 branch is required for G 2.x branch future releases.

Forrest

thanks
david jencks