geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Grails application in Geronimo 3
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 12:23:39 GMT
First, I have to say, OSGi is not silver bullet. From the classloading
aspect, the most improvement is fine-grained classloading delegation, IMO.
For the inverse classloading, it does not make much sense in OSGi
environment, as there is no parent classloader conception in OSGi
classloader arch.
In the coming Geronimo 3.0-beta-1, to make those common applications work
in OSGi environment, the deployer will generate a full-list import
packages, which totally mimic the old Java EE's way. As mentioned by Jeff,
you could use import-package to forbid loading configured classes from
other bundles.
e.g. <import-package>!org.apache.axis2*</import-package>, with this
configuration, the deployer will not generate the import-package for those
packages start with org.apache.axis2.

--
Ivan