geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: classloading in 3.0
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 08:43:39 GMT
Guess that you mean that " You can repackage included components into api
and impl clasess" :-)
Yes, in a ideal environment, those components should work in that way.
While the real world is so complex, you may find that jsf API and impl are
bundled in one jar file, as there maybe issues if divided them into two
bundles.
Also, some 3rd components think that they could load classes with the
current context classloader, which is also the classloader of the deployed
application, If only spec APIs are imported, then bang ! That's why I say
that we need to check each 3rd component in Geronimo.

--
Ivan