geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Radim Kolar <...@sendmail.cz>
Subject Re: update activemq to 5.6
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 09:37:06 GMT
try to release at least 2.2 branch with updated active mq. ActiveMQ
soon. It crashes here again and it does about one times per month. Best
long term solution will be probably to migrate into openmq from sun. I
never had this kind of problem with it. I am using openmq for my
applications but activemq is still used withing geronimo.

Test case is very simple. Run JMS benchmark via persistent messages via
jmetter and then kill -9 geronimo.

2011-11-11 10:25:39,360 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting;
GBean is now in the FAILED state:
abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.configs/activemq-broker/2.2.1/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/activemq-broker/2.2.1/car,j2eeType=JMSServer,name=DefaultActiveMQBroker"
java.io.EOFException: Chunk stream does not exist at page: 0
     at org.apache.kahadb.page.Transaction$2.readPage(Transaction.java:454)
     at org.apache.kahadb.page.Transaction$2.<init>(Transaction.java:431)
     at
org.apache.kahadb.page.Transaction.openInputStream(Transaction.java:428)
     at org.apache.kahadb.page.Transaction.load(Transaction.java:404)
     at org.apache.kahadb.page.Transaction.load(Transaction.java:361)
     at
org.apache.activemq.broker.scheduler.JobSchedulerStore$3.execute(JobSchedulerStore.java:250)
     at org.apache.kahadb.page.Transaction.execute(Transaction.java:728)
     at
org.apache.activemq.broker.scheduler.JobSchedulerStore.doStart(JobSchedulerStore.java:239)