geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Radim Kolar <>
Subject custom jndi resources
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 18:21:29 GMT
i have in web.xml

<description>Adresa Cassandra clusteru</description>

I need  to define String resource and bind it to jndi to make
application work. From IBM documentation it seems that writing Gbean is

If you were exposing resources other than JMS or database resources
through JNDI, you
can do the same by writing GBeans to act as a wrapper around your
resources. First,
check for any plug-ins that are already available for exposing such
resources as part of
JNDI in Community Edition.

Because i need String then my custom bean must subclass String?

public  class StringWrapperGBeanimplements  InterfaceNamed {

     public  StringWrapperGBean(String  gbeanName) {

    private  static  final  GBeanInfo GBEAN_INFO;

     static  {
	    GBeanInfoBuilder infoFactory =new  GBeanInfoBuilder(
	    StringWrapperGBean.class.getName(), StringWrapperGBean.class);

	    infoFactory.setConstructor(new  String[] {"gbeanName"  });

	    GBEAN_INFO = infoFactory.getBeanInfo();

      public  static  GBeanInfo getGBeanInfo() {
		return  GBEAN_INFO;

I am kinda confused

View raw message