geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Radim Kolar <...@sendmail.cz>
Subject custom jndi resources
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 18:21:29 GMT
i have in web.xml

<resource-ref>
<description>Adresa Cassandra clusteru</description>
<res-ref-name>cass</res-ref-name>
<res-type>java.lang.String</res-type>
<res-auth>Container</res-auth>
</resource-ref>

I need  to define String resource and bind it to jndi to make
application work. From IBM documentation it seems that writing Gbean is
needed:

If you were exposing resources other than JMS or database resources
through JNDI, you
can do the same by writing GBeans to act as a wrapper around your
resources. First,
check for any plug-ins that are already available for exposing such
resources as part of
JNDI in Community Edition.
<<<

Because i need String then my custom bean must subclass String?

public  class StringWrapperGBeanimplements  InterfaceNamed {

     public  StringWrapperGBean(String  gbeanName) {
	super(gbeanName);
     }

    private  static  final  GBeanInfo GBEAN_INFO;

     static  {
	    GBeanInfoBuilder infoFactory =new  GBeanInfoBuilder(
	    StringWrapperGBean.class.getName(), StringWrapperGBean.class);

	    infoFactory.addAttribute("gbeanName",String.class,false);
	    infoFactory.addInterface(InterfaceNamed.class);
	    infoFactory.setConstructor(new  String[] {"gbeanName"  });

	    GBEAN_INFO = infoFactory.getBeanInfo();
         }

      public  static  GBeanInfo getGBeanInfo() {
		return  GBEAN_INFO;
     }

I am kinda confused