geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Radim Kolar <...@sendmail.cz>
Subject Re: Grails application in Geronimo 3
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 11:43:29 GMT
 > Hmm, virtual server is supported in Geronimo 3.0.
If i remove deployement to virtual server, then applications deploys and
starts. but not runs probably due to spring version conflict issue.

java.lang.NullPointerException

	at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.mapping.filter.UrlMappingsFilter.doFilterInternal(UrlMappingsFilter.java:150)

	at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)

	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)

	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)

	at org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:88)

> Before I checking the exception, it will be better if you could
> directly configure the virtual host in the server.xml file in the
> /var/catalina directory.
Actually, configuring virtual hosts should be done easily in GUI console
like in other application servers. configuration in config.xml is kinda
cryptic.

 > BTW, due to the timeline of the incoming 3.0-beta-1 release, I did
not have chance to merge the root context changes to that build. not
sure it will affect your decision.

I currently could not get anything grails made to run in 3.0 due to not
yet discovered  classloading setup. I hoped that moving to OSGi will
remove these kind of problems but it is worse because inverse
classloading/non overitable classes combo is not supported in 3.0.