geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Biolerplate EJB3+JPA example ...
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 17:00:43 GMT

On Oct 13, 2011, at 12:01 PM, marcb wrote:

> Turns out it WAS a JVM problem. I was using JDK 1.7 and this seemed to be the
> issue. When I switched back to 1.6 (1.6.0_27) the problem went away and
> everything worked just fine.

IIUC (and I haven't looked closely), there's been a change to default bytecode verification
in Java 7. Byte-code weaving (e.g. ASM) is producing classes that fail the new verifier checks.

You may find that running with -XX:-UseSplitVerifier will workaround the problem on Java 7
-- would be interesting to know, if that works.

You could create a Jira, if you're interested in Java 7 support...

--kevan