geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Higham" <st...@sjlt.co.uk>
Subject RE: GEP 3.0 and Geronimo 2.2.1
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 08:15:41 GMT
Hi John,

I downloaded the Nightly Build GEP yesterday and it correctly deployed a war
onto Geronimo 2.2.1 for me.

Looks like this issue has been fixed J

I'm going to stick to the previous release for now. But happy to upgrade
when the next release comes out.

Kind Regards,

Steve

From: Yi Xiao [mailto:xiaoyijhondevelop@gmail.com]
Sent: 26 September 2011 14:05
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: GEP 3.0 and Geronimo 2.2.1

Now the GEP is a sub project of Geronimo, so maybe it not makes sense to
release separated from Geronimo, however, we supply an nightly version at:
http://people.apache.org/builds/geronimo/eclipse/nightly/, it will provide
the new features continuously!

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 2:57 PM, KHAksnes <khaksnes@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes, one of the the problems with GEP 3.0-M2 is that it announces itself as
"
Geronimo v3.0 server adapter" version 3.0.0 on the Eclipse update site. Due
to this it is very easy to install it by mistake. The update site should
probably be reorganized separating milestone versions from released
versions. Loosening the ties between GEP releases and Geronimo releases
would probably be a good idea as GEP might need to be updated due to changes
in Eclipse as well as in Geronimo.