Hi David,

I have primarily made use of non standard flags in the case of DB2 - which provides a TMLCS flag to enable sharing of locks (to prevent lock timeouts).  In other words, one must manually enable tight coupling.  The wording on the IBM site is a little odd, but that's been my experience when testing with manual XA code.