Hi, wonder whether you are using geronimo-jetty assembly and have web service in your application ? One of the usual reason to import spring dependency is that cxf is in the in the parent tree. You might also use the classloader portlet to find which plugins are the parents of your target application. First, search with your application's artifact name, then click the reverse tree button.