Could you please point out that which default SUN packages are used ? saaj impl ?
Have you tried to use the hidden-classes options mentioned in the doc https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/geronimo-webxml.html ?

2011/9/23 adamruggles <a.ruggles@gmail.com>
I'm using Geronimo version 2.2 on JDK 1.6 (OSX 10.5).  I have a WAR project
that uses a newer version of CXF than the one included in Geronimo.  I can't
seem to get Geronimo to pickup the CXF implementation that I've included
with my project.  Instead it seems to be using the default SUN packages.
How do I override this?

Right now I have all my dependencies added to the Geronimo repository and
specified in my geronimo-web.xml file.

Thanks in advance.