geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GEP 3.0 and Geronimo 2.2.1
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 15:02:59 GMT

On Sep 27, 2011, at 7:04 AM, KHAksnes wrote:

> The problem with the use of the nightly builds are that they are by design
> not stable.

Right. NIghtly builds are convenient for testing purposes, but not something that I would
use for day to day development...

> GEP needs to be able to do a release whenever Geronimo have had
> a release but also whenever a new Eclipse release is out. If GEP needs an
> upgrade to work with a new release of Eclipse it should be possible to
> release it without having to wait for the next Geronimo release to do so.

There's nothing that prohibits GEP releases to Geronimo releases. There is a problem releasing
GEP that is directly tied to SNAPSHOT Geronimo server releases. In this case, Geronimo 3.0
server has been slowing/prevented GEP 3.0 release. Hopefully, that will be resolved soon with
3.0-beta.

A GEP 2.2.x release could have been generated, but wasn't where the GEP team was focusing.
If request had come in earlier, a 2.2.x release might have been called for...

--kevan