geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Ghetolay <gheto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.2 + Spring
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 14:12:00 GMT
Hi, I deleted the j2ee-server and j2ee-security dependency, I don't remember
why I had added them.
I'm gonna make a small resume of my initial problem because I talked about
several problem.

For the jta-datasource and multiple roles I was just asking if something was
wrong in my plan.xml file. I'll try to solve them by myself and if I don't
succeed I'll create a new post about it.

My Real problem here is the spring dependency(aop error) wich I solve by
adding the <hiden-classe> element to my plan.xml. What I understood is :
The problem come from cxf wich is my parent classloader and shouldn't be
when there isn't web service in the project.

I checked everything in my project to see where it could come from then I
created a new project. My new project was very simple it contains only a
web.xml and a plan.xml described here :

<web-app xmlns:...>
  <display-name>Test</display-name>
  <welcome-file-list>
    <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
  </welcome-file-list>
</web-app>

<web:web-app xmlns:...>
    <dep:environment>
        <dep:moduleId>
            <dep:groupId>default</dep:groupId>
            <dep:artifactId>Test</dep:artifactId>
            <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
            <dep:type>car</dep:type>
        </dep:moduleId>
    </dep:environment>
    <web:context-root>/Test</web:context-root>
</web:web-app>

I was not expecting this project to work because I don't even created the
index.html file.
After that I searched about my project in the classloader view and cxf was
in the parent tree.
Obviously there isn't any web service in this project.

My project work fine (at least for now) with the hidden-classe element.
So I have 2 simple question :
- Is it really a problem to do not use spring from geronimo and to use the
one included in my project ?
It's a small waste of space because I have to duplicate the jar.
- What are the real consequences to have cxf in my classloader tree ? Is it
essential ?

If both the answer are no I think I'll stop wasting time with that and keep
working with spring classes hidden from geronimo and use mine.

Important not to be forgotten : Thks a lot :)