geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSSION] Geronimo 3.0 Release
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 19:00:49 GMT
All,
Our Tomcat Java EE 6 assembly has been passing all of the relevant Java EE 6 TCK tests for
a while now. IMO, it's time to start discussing release plans.

I should note that the Jetty assembly is not, currently, passing all tests.

We have multiple options:

1) Release a Geronimo 3.0 Beta, gain user feedback, and work towards a Geonimo 3.0 release
2) Release a Geronimo 3.0 release, gain user feedback, and work towards future 3.0.x releases

1) Release Tomcat, only
2) Release both Tomcat and Jetty, but only announce compliance of appropriate platforms

There are a number of SNAPSHOT dependencies. A Beta release may give us a bit more flexibility
in our handling of the release (e.g. we may locally release some of the dependencies).

A full 3.0 release would mean we'll need to work with other projects to insure our SNAPSHOT
dependencies are released (this will likely take additional time).

I expect there are other options and other issues to be considered.

Thoughts?

--kevan