geronimo-user mailing list archives

From horowitzathome <georg.nozi...@nozicka.at>
Subject Managed bean unknown when using ManagedBean annotation with Geronimo V3
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 19:42:18 GMT
I have made a simple Dynamic Web Project with Eclipse and Maven. I also added
a managed bean which is defined like that:

@ManagedBean(name = "testBean")
@SessionScoped
public class TestBean {

When I try to access testBean from xhtml, I get an error that the bean is
unknown.   A workaround is to define the bean in faces-config.xml as a
managed bean but defining the bean with annotations should also work.

I do not know, maybe the whole problem is related to my last post, see
'javax.faces.* classes do not show up with Geronimo 3 runtime in Eclipse':
http://apache-geronimo.328035.n3.nabble.com/javax-faces-classes-do-not-show-up-with-Geronimo-3-runtime-in-Eclipse-td3229637.html
http://apache-geronimo.328035.n3.nabble.com/javax-faces-classes-do-not-show-up-with-Geronimo-3-runtime-in-Eclipse-td3229637.html

Currently I am using geronimo-tomcat7-javaee6-3.0-20110805.060355-254.

Best Regards,
Georg