geronimo-user mailing list archives

From horowitzathome <georg.nozi...@nozicka.at>
Subject javax.faces.* classes do not show up with Geronimo 3 runtime in Eclipse
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 19:30:13 GMT
I have made a simple Dynamic Web Project with Eclipse and Maven. I also added
a managed bean and included the annotations
- javax.faces.bean.ManagedBean and
- javax.faces.bean.SessionScoped.

I added no dependencies in the POM.

I enabled the Project Facets (in the properties window of the web project)
and added Dynamic Web Module 3.0, Java 1.6 and JavaServer Faces 2.0.

As target runtime I specified Geronimo 3.

Clicking the Java Build Path and selecting the Libraries tab the Geronimo
Runtime is included.

Having this configuration, Eclipse complains, that the ManagedBean and
SessionScoped annotations are unknown.

One solution is to add org.apache.myfaces.core:myfaces-api with scope
'provided' to the dependencies in the POM.

I am wondering why this is necessary because I would have expected, that
adding the dependency to the POM is not necessary because the Geronimo
runtime is already included via the properties of the web project.

When I do nothing else than changing to Geronimo V3-M1, Eclipse finds both
annotations, even when the myfaces-api is not included in the POM.

Is this a bug or is the actual snapshot behavior the expected one?

Currently I am using geronimo-tomcat7-javaee6-3.0-20110805.060355-254.

Best Regards,
Georg