2011/7/12 ashwin nair <matrixnair@gmail.com>
Thanks for checking this for me, but the I meant WEB-INF/lib only. The
classloader that loads xstream.jar (on my remote debugging section) tells me
its a   "system classloader", I will post the details of the exact string
for the classloader I see when I am at my work computer later.

   That output does help to find the real problem.

But something I figured out today is that I have a config.ser file in the
path
$GERONIMO_HOME/repository/xxx/path/to/package/version/package/META-INF/config.ser.
This I understand is that serialized Gbean configuration, but i couldn't
find any reference to hidden classes in this file, so I am suspecting that
the configuration I mentioned earlier is not really being used. But it is
getting parsed for sure, as any invalid changes I make up gets reported and
Geronimo does not start. Is there a way to force configuration from getting
picked up from the xml file or any way of confirming where it is picking it
up from?

   Hmm, the filter string should be included in the serialized config.ser file, so do you mean that the string could not be found while opening that file in the text editor ?