geronimo-user mailing list archives

From ashwin nair <matrixn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: shared lib classloader XStream Jettison issue
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 18:14:23 GMT
I ran the following from a remote debug session

System.out.printf("this.classloader = %s, this.parentClassloader = %s,
xstream.classloader = %s, xstream.jar.location = %s \n",
		JSONUtil.class.getClassLoader(),
		JSONUtil.class.getClassLoader().getParent(),
		com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.class.getClassLoader(),
com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.class.getProtectionDomain().getCodeSource().getLocation());

and the output is

this.classloader = [org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.MultiParentClassLoader
id=org.apache.geronimo.configs/sharedlib/2.2.1/car], this.parentClassloader
= sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@7ff27ff2,  xstream.classloader =
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@7ff27ff2, xstream.jar.location =
file:/ebay/v3app/CORE/lib/xstream-1.3.jar

/ebay/v3app/CORE is the GERONIMO_HOME

JSONUtil is the utility class where we have the following line

XStream xstream = new XStream(new JettisonMappedXmlDriver());

that fails with exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/codehaus/jettison/mapped/MappedXMLOutputFactory
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.json.JettisonMappedXmlDriver.<init>(JettisonMappedXmlDriver.java:46)
        at com.ebay.eskernel.util.JSONUtil.ObjToJSON(JSONUtil.java:132)

I checked the config.ser, it has the filter definitions in it, I must have
been sleeping when I first checked it.