geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: OpenJPA with JTA datasouce problem on Geronimo
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 20:16:16 GMT
In my experience if you don't get the jta-data-source quite right its very easy for openjpa
to get really confused like this.  I haven't found a good way to clarify what's going on with
it.

Two areas to look into:

1. How have you made the jdbc_dc datasource known to your app?  In geronimo 2.x at least this
is not a jndi name, its the name of the datasource in the deployment plan and you need to
have the datasource module listed as a dependency of your persistence module.

2. Are you sure the geronimo persistence deployer code is finding your persistence.xml and
not openjpa only?  I'm not sure how to diagnose easily this but telling us where you put it
might help.  I _think_ that if you turn logging up to debug then you should see something
in the var/log/geronimo.log indicating that geronimo is processing the persistence.xml.

Also my experience is that many databases (especially derby) require a separate non-jta-datasource
that really don't have transactions configured in order to get DDL and sequence values to
work with openjpa.

hope this helps...
david jencks