geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Marco Laponder" <>
Subject hidden-classes on ear lib directory
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 07:32:32 GMT
Hi All,

I have an ear which contains a war file. The jar files required by my
application are in the lib directory of the ear. The WEB-INF/lib
directory is empty. I am using hibernate version 3.6.0.Final and I want
my application to use the jpa 2.0 of hibernate (hibernate-jpa-2.0-api),
so I have added a hidden-classes element with a filter on

However when I have this construction, hibernate doesn't recognize my
annotated classes anymore (it gives an mapping exception Unknown
Entity). But when I move the libraries from the ear lib directory to the
WEB-INF/lib directory I no longer have this exception.

I am running on Geronimo 2.2.1 and my deployment plan is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<application application-name="Sample"

Am I doing something incorrect in my setup or deployment plan or should
this construction work ?

Best regards,

View raw message