geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Miya Guo <miya...@gmail.com>
Subject Can my company use Geronimo?
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 03:46:01 GMT
Hello every bodies here :)

I am a developer from Asia, now my company want to use Geronimo as
server part in our new commercial project.

I know the license of Geronimo is Apache License 2.0, which is
friendly to commercial project.
But I also notice that in the downloaded folder, there is a file named
"LICENSE", which lists a great amount of sub-licenses for those
dependent packages used by Geronimo.
So I am confused and I can't confrim whether our commercial project
could use Geronimo freely or not.
(My English is poor so I can not understand the legal terms in those licenses.)

Could anyone here tell me "whether our commercial project could use
Genorimo freely or not?".
Thanks very much.

Comment:
Below is some usage scenarios of Geronimo in our commercial project:
1. Only use binary format, it means we won't modify any source code of
Genorimo (include dependent packages).
2. It is used as application server in our commercial project.
3. This commercial project will be sold as a solution to the customers.