geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Chris Joysn <joys...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.2.1 with JSF 2
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 20:39:02 GMT
Hello Kevan,

this Geronimo server is a cool thing :)

i think i fixed the issue with the maven, eclipse and run on server issue:
i activated that the maven dependencies are exported as well at the projects
settings.

but:
i started with a fresh copy of Geronimo.
i added a geronimo-web.xml to WEB-INF/ with the content u provided
and when i deploy the project using the geronimo server adapter nothing
happens
at geronimo. and there is no log message in the geronimo.log file. but the
server
view in Eclipse shows the webapp running and [Synchronized]

when i undeploy the webapp from the eclipses server view, add the
geronimo-web.xml,
the webapp is deployed again, the logfile says:

2011-06-29 21:51:00,225 WARN  [TomcatModuleBuilder] Web application . does
not contain a WEB-INF/geronimo-web.xml deployment plan.  This may or may not
be a problem, depending on whether you have things like resource references
that need to be resolved.  You can also give the deployer a separate
deployment plan file on the command line.
2011-06-29 21:51:00,250 INFO  [DeploymentContext] The Strict Manifest
Classpath processing mode is in effect.
This option can be altered by specifying
-DXorg.apache.geronimo.deployment.LenientMFCP=true|false
Specify ="true" for more lenient processing such as ignoring missing jars
and references that are not spec compliant.

and after a while the geronimo console shows the webapp up and running with
the name of the context.
but i can not access it, tomcat shows a 404 for the context.

again, not logfile entry besides the warning regarding the
geronimo-web.xml...

when i use the deployer from the geronimo web console and specify the war
(containing the geronimo-web.xml) and the geronimo-web.xml as plan, then the
webapp appears in the consoles Web App WARs view.
when i start the web app the web app is shown as running, but the context is
not available, Tomcat shows again a 404.

and, as usual, no log messages regarding the actions deployment,
undeployment, why the context is not accessible...

i dont have an idea whats going on...