geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Russell E Glaue <rgl...@cait.org>
Subject Re: Help with G3.0 building
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 21:48:30 GMT
I had originally done the install 'mvn clean install' yesterday, and received a
build error. I then did it in the two stages and got the same results.
That is why I ended up executing mvn compile and package separately so I could
see if the error was in the compiling stage or the packaging stage.

I just updated the svn repo, issued 'mvn clean install' again, on trunk revision
1133142 and received the same error message.

(Note, for finish time, the system time is way off, -06:10)
-
[org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState] : GBeanInstanceState for:
org.apache.geronimo.configs/uddi-tomcat/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car?configurationName=org.apache.geronimo.configs/uddi-tomcat/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car
State changed from stopping to stopped
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] could not package plugin

Embedded error: Unable to generate the wsdl file using wsgen.
com.sun.tools.ws.spi.WSToolsObjectFactory in classloader null
[INFO] Total time: 67 minutes 10 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Jun 07 11:19:26 EDT 2011
[INFO] Final Memory: 475M/742M
[ger@linux7 asf-geronimo-server-trunk]# history | tail -2
  192  mvn clean install
  193  history | tail -2
[ger@linux7 asf-geronimo-server-trunk]# svn info
Repository Root: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf
Repository UUID: 13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68
Revision: 1133142
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: gawor
Last Changed Rev: 1133030
Last Changed Date: 2011-06-07 10:43:37 -0400 (Tue, 07 Jun 2011)

[ger@linux7 asf-geronimo-server-trunk]#
-

I am compiling with java version "1.6.0_25"
I am not using the nexus proxy server.
I have downloaded and installed all maven dependencies which maven itself was
not able to connect to a repo to download.

I am now going to issue 'mvn clean' by itself, and then will try one more time
with 'mvn clean install'.

-RG

On 06/06/2011 05:15 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> On Jun 6, 2011, at 2:15 PM, Russell E Glaue wrote:
>
>> I am not sure what I need to do to get a successful maven packaging of G3.0.
>>
>> I am successfully compiling G3.0-SNAPSHOT with Maven without errors.
>> However, during the packaging stage, I get this error:
>>
>> -
>> [org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState] : GBeanInstanceState for:
>> org.apache.geronimo.configs/uddi-tomcat/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car?configurationName=org.apache.geronimo.configs/uddi-tomcat/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car
>> State changed from stopping to stopped
>> [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
>> [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> [INFO] could not package plugin
>>
>> Embedded error: Unable to generate the wsdl file using wsgen.
>> com.sun.tools.ws.spi.WSToolsObjectFactory in classloader null
>> -
>>
>> I first built G3.0 trunk in the two stages as suggested in the wiki
>> documentation. Then I ran 'mvn compile' and 'mvn package' it separately, after
>> receiving the above error, to make sure everything was compiling correctly - but
>> still get the same error message.
>>
>> Any advice?
>
> run mvn clean install
>
> this is  a multimodule maven project so you each module to be installed into your local
maven repo so it's available to the next modules.  We're better than we used to be at pushing
snapshots but unless you install your compile work will be inaccessible.