geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Russell E Glaue <rgl...@cait.org>
Subject deploy:new-server-instance does not deploy a full new server instance
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 16:12:37 GMT

Regarding the G3.0 Wiki documentation:
https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC30/running-multiple-geronimo-instances.html

(And also G2.2 Docs:
https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/running-multiple-geronimo-instances.html)

Creating a new server instance can be completed with gogo commands as follows:
-
To create an instance named foo do the following. All your instance data will be
put in <geronimo_home>/foo. All the directories named below are relative to
<geronimo_home>.
Follow the procedures as below:

Create a directory foo under <geronimo_home>.
Copy var, repository and etc directories to foo.You can use the command
deploy:new-server-instance to help you with this step.
Edit foo/var/config/config-substitutions.properties and change the portOffset.
Try using any integers such as 1, 2, 10, 20, 30.. for various instances.
-

I interpret that the "deploy:new-server-instance" command should do the following:
1. Create a directory foo under <geronimo_home>.
2. Copy var to foo
3. Copy repository to foo
4. Copy etc to foo

However, under both G2.2 and G3.0-SNAPSHOT this command only does steps 1 and 2.
I have to perform steps 3 and 4 manually.

Shouldn't the "deploy:new-server-instance" perform all 4 steps?

This is not a show stopper, but the "deploy:new-server-instance" is a nice
feature to have - if it does all 4 steps.

-RG