geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMS Port and portOffset
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 15:58:21 GMT

On Jun 1, 2011, at 7:48 AM, Florian Schaetz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> by using the attached plan, I added a new JMS topic, works fine. But now, if I set the
portOffset in config-substitutions, I always get an exception when starting the server, as
it seems, that somewhere is still the old (61616) port configured (see Exception.txt). Could
anyone give me a hint what I will have to modify when using a portOffset?

Hi Flo
Stop your server and edit var/config/config.xml:

At the bottom of this file, replace:

    <module name="console.jms/top/1.0/rar"/>

with:

    <module name="console.jms/top/1.0/rar">
      <gbean name="top">
        <attribute name="ServerUrl">tcp://${ServerHostname}:${ActiveMQPort + PortOffset}</attribute>
      </gbean>
    </module>

and restart your server.

A geronimo plugin can automatically define the default config.xml contents of a module. Making
this a reproducible process.

See repository/org/apache/geronimo/configs/activemq-ra/2.2.1/activemq-ra-2.2.1.car/META-INF/geronimo-plugin.xml
for an example (adjust version numbers accordingly, if you're using an alternate version).

--kevan