geronimo-user mailing list archives

From vjay <real...@gmail.com>
Subject OpenJPA with JTA datasouce problem on Geronimo
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 17:11:02 GMT
Hello,

I'm using Geronimo 2.2.1 and trying to setup just a tiny simple OpenJPA
project with JTA support (container managed datasource)

this is my persistent.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <persistence version="1.0" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd">
	<persistence-unit name="myservice" transaction-type="JTA">

		<jta-data-source>jdbc_dc</jta-data-source>
		<class>com.myport.entity.Message</class>
		<class>com.myport.entity.Accounttype</class>
	 </persistence-unit>
</persistence>

I've tried to figure this out for a week but still struggling on the
following error :

<openjpa-1.2.2-r422266:898935 fatal user error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: A JDBC Driver or
DataSource class name must be specified in the ConnectionDriverName
property.

org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.schema.DataSourceFactory.newDataSource(DataSourceFactory.java:74)

org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.conf.JDBCConfigurationImpl.createConnectionFactory(JDBCConfigurationImpl.java:784)

org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.conf.JDBCConfigurationImpl.getDBDictionaryInstance(JDBCConfigurationImpl.java:561)

I don't know why it still asking for ConnectionDriverName property since I
attempt to put it for JTA control. Or if the datasource was incorrectly
spelled the error message would be something else eg. "can't find datasource
defined" or something more relevant than this..

Anyone please help...