geronimo-user mailing list archives

From ttiurani <>
Subject Re: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Library is already loaded in another ClassLoader (On stopping and starting the application)
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 15:27:55 GMT

I have this same problem with a dll and a classloader and can not seem to
get past it.

David Jencks wrote:
> I think this is similar to Kevan's suggestion.  However, all you need
> is the classloader, not a gbean.  Kevan's sharedlib reference idea
> should work, however I would recommend installing the lic.jar and any
> other jars that need to be in the same classloader in the geronimo
> repository and constructing a "classloader" plugin that includes
> them.  There are several examples in geronimo such as the jee-specs
> plugin: imitating one of these is probably the easiest if you are
> willing to use maven to build the plugin.

Attached is a test program which tries to create this kind of "classloader
plugin" with the JNI classes inside a jar that is inside the car. For some
reason the plugin does not deploy causing the exception:

"Deployer operation failed: Cannot deploy the requested application module
because no deployer is able to handle it.  This can happen if you have
omitted the J2EE deployment descriptor, disabled a deployer module, or if,
for example, you are trying to deploy an EJB module on a minimal Geronimo
server that does not have EJB support installed."

You should be able to get the error by running "mvn verify" at the root
directory with Geronimo 2.2.1 running at localhost.

I am running out of ideas on how to get around this. Can you help me with
the problem?

Best regards,

Sent from the Users mailing list archive at

View raw message