geronimo-user mailing list archives

From 4lorn <josh.h...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ERROR [AbstractEncryption] Unable to decrypt
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 16:33:24 GMT
Kevan (or any helpful soul),

I'm encountering a similar error, and would love some assistance if you're
up for another cup of coffee.

I'm running Ubuntu Linux 2.6.35.4-rscloud (Rackspace's Ubuntu kernel) on x64
architecture with 4GB of memory and plenty of storage.

Here are outputs of various commands verifying JAVA:

$ echo $JAVA_HOME: /usr/bin/java
$ echo $PATH: (includes) /usr/bin/java/bin
$ which java: /user/bin/java
$ java -version: java versions "1.6.0_21"

After reading this thread, I removed a previous Geronimo directory,
downloaded v2.2.1 from a different mirror, verified the MD5 checksum, and
unpacked the verified tarball.

Running
$sudo ./startup.sh from $GERONIMO_HOME/bin fails.

The first sign of an error in geronimo.log is:
ERROR [AbstractEncryption] Unable to encrypt
java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Cannot find any provider supporting
AES.

Additionally, although [java.home] sources a different location from the
echo command above (/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.21/jre), [java.classpath]
is null.

I've attached both geronimo.out and geronimo.log.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated!  If I need to start a new thread as this is an encryption error
and not a decryption error, I'd be happy to do so.

Thanks again!

http://apache-geronimo.328035.n3.nabble.com/file/n3026678/geronimo.log
geronimo.log
http://apache-geronimo.328035.n3.nabble.com/file/n3026678/geronimo.out