geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.2.1 with JSF 2
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 00:04:30 GMT

On Jun 28, 2011, at 5:30 PM, Chris Joysn wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> thanks for your response. and yes, i did exact what u said:
>
> i started with a clean copy of geronimo 2.2.1,
> turnedoff the two faces system modules,
> deployed my ready build war with the mojarra jsf2 and richfaces 4 libs,
> nothing special, just a simple hellp world sample.
>
> "under rapid development" scares me a little bit... ;)
>
> when i do the things mentioned above tehn i get the following log out put. its
> a rather huge log output, but to be honest. it tells me nothing...
>
> furthermore it seems that it is not possible to deploy a maven managed
> dynamic web project from Eclipse through the geronimo server adapter
> to geronimo. it seems that then the libs are not deployed to geronimo,
> so i had to deploy the war through geronimo console.
>
> 2011-06-28 23:22:25,719 WARN  [TomcatModuleBuilder] Web application . does not contain
a WEB-INF/geronimo-web.xml deployment plan.  This may or may not be a problem, depending on
whether you have things like resource references that need to be resolved.  You can also give
the deployer a separate deployment plan file on the command line.
> 2011-06-28 23:22:27,485 INFO  [config] Mojarra 2.0.4 (FCS b09) für Kontext '/erp.web-1.0-SNAPSHOT'
wird initialisiert.
> 2011-06-28 23:22:35,947 INFO  [config] Unsanitized stacktrace from failed start...
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: factoryName 'javax.faces.context.ExceptionHandlerFactory'
>     at javax.faces.FactoryFinder.checkFactoryName(FactoryFinder.java:275)
>     at javax.faces.FactoryFinder.setFactory(FactoryFinder.java:217)
>     at com.sun.faces.config.processor.FactoryConfigProcessor.setFactory(FactoryConfigProcessor.java:283)
>
> > I dont know how to deal with that issue now...
> > Maybe the problem results from the way i deploy the webapp to Geronimo?

Hi Chris,
Looks like you need to hide the JSF 1.2 spec API classes from the JSF 2.0 implementation in
your app. I am assuming that you'll be providing the jsf 2.0 spec api jar in your .war...

Using the following deployment plan should help:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1" xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1"
xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1">
  <dep:environment>
    <dep:moduleId>
      <dep:groupId>org.mygroup</dep:groupId>
      <dep:artifactId>MyApp</dep:artifactId>
      <dep:version>1.1</dep:version>
      <dep:type>car</dep:type>
    </dep:moduleId>

    <dep:hidden-classes>
      <dep:filter>javax.faces</dep:filter>
    </dep:hidden-classes>
  </dep:environment>
</web-app>

You can keep the deployment plan separate or place with deployment plan in WEB-INF/ directory
of your .war (in which case it will be detected automtically by geronimo deployment code).

Otherwise, you specify the deployment plan as a separate file. E.g.:

bin/deploy.sh deploy <your-web-app.war> <your-web-app-deployment-plan.xml>

or specify the deployment plan when using deploy with the admin console.

> > I use Eclipse 3.6.2 and the Geronimo 2.2.1 server adapter for deploying the
> > webapp. The webapp is a Maven based project which i imported to Eclipse
> > and then i set the facet Dynamic web module to the project.
> >
> > If i look at the directory $WORKSPACE/.plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.v21.core then
i find
> > a war file but there are no libs in the folder WEB-INF/lib...
> >
> > Are they not deployed to Geronimo? Does Geronimo get the projects classpath
> > then i deploy the webapp to it?
> >
> > Or am i wrong and i have another issue with Geronimo and JSF 2?

That's an issue with your eclipse project (or the import into Eclipse). Can you describe how
your maven project is defined? A simple sample would be helpful... Not my cup-of-tea. Perhaps
somebody will have an answer for you...

--kevan