geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: War deployemnt
Date Fri, 27 May 2011 02:11:41 GMT
Hi Mansour,

IIUC you have solved the bad URI problem. Looking at the hippo link in the thread you reference
it looks like there are a lot of jars to install and at least one war.  I don't find the link
very clear so my advice might not be completely relevant and I only have a minute so this
is not very complete.

I'd recommend geronimo 2.2.x or if you are quite adventurous trunk which is undergoing rapid
development.

You can install jars through the geronimo admin console.  Click the "advanced" button and
find the resources/repository page. You need to supply the location of the jar and the maven
coordinates you want it installed at.

Once you have all the jars installed into geronimo you need to create deployment plan for
the war that tells geronimo to include the jars you need in the application classloader.
I haven't used it in a while but you should try the applications/plan creator in the admin
console.  I'm not sure of its current capabilities but it will at least give you the framework
for a deployment plan.  If the wizard doesn't help you add dependencies to your jars you can
look the geronimo documentation on the xml format.

hope this helps.... feel free to keep asking for help.  You may be able to  get more real-time
help on the #geronimo irc channel at chat.freenode.net but that depends on finding someone
who is there at the right time.

thanks!
david jencks

You can install it using the geronimo admin console