geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error on calling undeploy command using java.lang.Process
Date Fri, 13 May 2011 21:05:55 GMT

On May 13, 2011, at 4:25 PM, mafranko wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm having the following error when calling the undeploy command from a Java
> application:
>
> INFO:     Module <my_application> unloaded.
>             Module <my_application> uninstalled.
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Need at least
> 10 spaces for printing, but indent=4 and endCol=-974
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.DeployUtils.println(DeployUtils.java:113)
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.CommandStart.execute(CommandStart.java:66)
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.DeployTool.execute(DeployTool.java:171)
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.main(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:45)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:67)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.cli.deployer.DeployerCLI.main(DeployerCLI.java:31)
>

> The application is correctly removed but the process returns 1
> (p.exitValue()) and the error above in the process.getErrorStream().
>
> Any idea?

What version is this? DeployUtils.println() is attempting to format its output to match the
width of your terminal. Looks like the terminal width is a funny value. Your line numbers
don't match our recent releases. Current code looks like:

        // some terminals will give a terminal width of zero (e.g. emacs shell).
        // in that case, default to a reasonable term width value.
        if (endCol == 0) {
            endCol = DEFAULT_WIDTH;
        }

Your "endCol" setting is less than zero. Either figure out how to create a better output environment
or update the println() implementation to avoid this problem...

--kevan