geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ERROR [AbstractEncryption] Unable to decrypt
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 22:36:07 GMT

On May 9, 2011, at 4:30 PM, jeromeernestgarcia wrote:

> I am also seeing the "Unable to decrypt" failure when starting Geronimo. I
> would appreciate any possible help. Here is a snip from the geronimo.log
> file:

How are you starting geronimo? (e.g. bin/geronimo.sh run)

What is your JAVA_HOME / JRE_HOME environment setting?

Is the jar /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.24/jre/lib/jce.jar a valid jar file?

I'm running fine with java-6-sun-1.6.0.22 on ubuntu. JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/

I'm guessing that if you edit var/config/plugin-repositories.properties and remove the line
starting with http\://localhost\:8080 ... this particular error will go away. However, seems
like some basic configuration problem exists.

Would like to get to the bottom of this issue. If somebody has an environment on which they
can recreate this and is willing to spend a little time with it, would be nice...

--kevan