geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mansour Al Akeel <mansour.alak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: War deployemnt
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 17:07:02 GMT
I was able to create the ear file, and I think I am getting closer to
deploy it to geronimo. I am facing this issue, and wondering if there's
a way to resolve it without diging the WAR file, and correct the
web.xml. I was able to find a similar issue on the mailing list here

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-user/200803.mbox/%3C18DC284A-A7E8-4F8E-A99E-F6CA5098D63E@yahoo.com%3E

Hopping I don't need to fix all the war files.

Using GERONIMO_HOME:   /opt/geronimo
Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: var/temp
Using JRE_HOME:        /home/mansour/.gentoo/java-config-2/current-user-vm/jre
Username: system
Password: ***********
2011-05-31 12:47:55,652 ERROR [DeployTool] Error:
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Unable to deploy hippo-package-cms-ear-2.21.00.ear:
Error parsing web.xml for hippo-repository-application-2.20.01-SNAPSHOT.war
	Invalid deployment descriptor: errors:
error: cvc-complex-type.2.4a: Expected elements 'run-as@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
security-role-ref@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee' instead of 'init-param@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee'
here in element servlet@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
Descriptor:
<!--* Copyright 2007 Hippo
  * Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the  "License");
  * http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
  * limitations under the License.-->
<web-app xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee  http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd"
version="2.5" id="hippo-ecm-repository" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee">
  <!--General configuration-->
  <description>Hippo ECM repository accessible as remote service to other applications.</description>
  <display-name>Hippo ECM repository</display-name>
  <!--Rmi registration
    For running in jetty start rmiregistry and set to 'rmi://localhost:1099/hipporepository'
    For deployment in a true application server (glassfish, jboss, weblogic etc.) set to 'hipporepository'
  '-->
  <context-param>
    <description>The address of the repository</description>
    <param-name>repository-address</param-name>
    <param-value>rmi://localhost:1099/hipporepository</param-value>
    <!--param-value>hipporepository</param-value-->
  </context-param>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>StatusServlet</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.hippoecm.repository.StatusServlet</servlet-class>
    <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>LoggingServlet</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.hippoecm.repository.LoggingServlet</servlet-class>
    <load-on-startup>3</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>PingServlet</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.hippoecm.repository.PingServlet</servlet-class>
    <load-on-startup>3</load-on-startup>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>repository-address</param-name>
      <param-value>vm://</param-value>
    </init-param>
  </servlet>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>RepositoryServlet</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.hippoecm.repository.RepositoryServlet</servlet-class>
    <init-param>
      <description>The (relative) location where to store files</description>
      <param-name>repository-directory</param-name>
      <param-value>WEB-INF/storage</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <description>The location of the repository configuration file. Unless the location
      starts with file://, the location is retreived from within the application package as
      resource.</description>
      <param-name>repository-config</param-name>
      <param-value>repository.xml</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <load-on-startup>4</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>StatusServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/status/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>LoggingServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/logging/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>RepositoryServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/repository/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>PingServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/ping/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
  <!--Timeout in minutes-->
  <session-config>
    <session-timeout>5</session-timeout>
  </session-config>
  <!--<resource-ref>
    <res-ref-name>jdbc/hreptwo</res-ref-name>
    <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
  </resource-ref>-->
  <!--<security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
      <web-resource-name>Repository</web-resource-name>
      <url-pattern>/repository/*</url-pattern>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <auth-constraint>
      <role-name>repository-user</role-name>
    </auth-constraint>
    <user-data-constraint>
      <transport-guarantee>NONE</transport-guarantee>
    </user-data-constraint>
  </security-constraint>
  <login-config>
    <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
    <realm-name>Repository</realm-name>
  </login-config>-->
  <security-role>
    <role-name>repository-user</role-name>
  </security-role>
</web-app>
	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.CommandDeploy.runCommand(CommandDeploy.java:45)
	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.CommandDistribute.executeOnline(CommandDistribute.java:149)
	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.CommandDistribute.execute(CommandDistribute.java:125)
	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.DeployTool.execute(DeployTool.java:172)
	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.main(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:45)
	at org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:65)
	at org.apache.geronimo.cli.deployer.DeployerCLI.main(DeployerCLI.java:31)

On Sat May 28,2011 02:31 pm, Mansour Al Akeel wrote:
> David,
> Thank you again.
> I will try the EAR file, and let you know. I am not expecting it to work
> without pain, as the bad URL (file name with spaces) issue will occur
> again, which means I have to unpackage it and repackage it again.
>
> But it doesn't hurt to try !
>

> On Sat May 28,2011 10:00 am, David Jencks wrote:
> > Hi Mansour,
> >
> > Since they supply an ear it might be simpler to start over and try deploying just
the ear from the Applications/Deployer page.  Like JBoss, Geronimo already uses port 1099
so you will have to make the same configuration change.

> > To get more logging try changing var/log/server-log4j.properties so the first uncommented
line reads

> > log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, CONSOLE, FILE
> >
> > hope this helps.... let us know
> >
> > thanks
> > david jencks
> >
> > On May 28, 2011, at 8:30 AM, Mansour Al Akeel wrote:
> >
> > > David,
> > > I tried to install the jars one by one though the admin console:
> > > In a fresh germino 2.2.1 installation, I logged in as a system manager,
> > > and from Services/Repository, I installed the required jars. For each
> > > jar I used a group name org.onehippo.cms7. and finally I installed the
> > > war file, through Applications/Deployer page and changed the type to a war
instead of the default "CAR".
> > > Things went fine, but I can not access the cms, I have set its context
> > > to /cms, but I am getting 404. I coldn't find the logs files to dig
> > > further.
> > >

> > > How to install hippo cms to supported application servers is described
> > > in the page with the WAR/EAR files.
> > > http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/documentation/installation
> > >

> > > Any help will be highly appreciated.

the thread you reference it looks like there are a lot of jars to install and at least one
war.  I don't find the link very clear so my advice might not be completely relevant and I
only have a minute so this is not very complete.

is undergoing rapid development.

button and find the resources/repository page. You need to supply the location of the jar
and the maven coordinates you want it installed at.

plan for the war that tells geronimo to include the jars you need in the application classloader.
 I haven't used it in a while but you should try the applications/plan creator in the admin
console.  I'm not sure of its current capabilities but it will at least give you the framework
for a deployment plan.  If the wizard doesn't help you add dependencies to your jars you can
look the geronimo documentation on the xml format.

to  get more real-time help on the #geronimo irc channel at chat.freenode.net but that depends
on finding someone who is there at the right time.