geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mansour Al Akeel <mansour.alak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: War deployemnt
Date Sat, 28 May 2011 15:30:31 GMT
David,
I tried to install the jars one by one though the admin console:
In a fresh germino 2.2.1 installation, I logged in as a system manager,
and from Services/Repository, I installed the required jars. For each
jar I used a group name org.onehippo.cms7. and finally I installed the
war file, through Applications/Deployer page and changed the type to a war instead of the
default "CAR".
Things went fine, but I can not access the cms, I have set its context
to /cms, but I am getting 404. I coldn't find the logs files to dig
further.

How to install hippo cms to supported application servers is described
in the page with the WAR/EAR files.
http://www.onehippo.org/cms7/documentation/installation

Any help will be highly appreciated.

On Thu May 26,2011 07:11 pm, David Jencks wrote:
> Hi Mansour,
>
> IIUC you have solved the bad URI problem. Looking at the hippo link in the thread you
reference it looks like there are a lot of jars to install and at least one war.  I don't
find the link very clear so my advice might not be completely relevant and I only have a minute
so this is not very complete.

> I'd recommend geronimo 2.2.x or if you are quite adventurous trunk which is undergoing
rapid development.

> You can install jars through the geronimo admin console.  Click the "advanced" button
and find the resources/repository page. You need to supply the location of the jar and the
maven coordinates you want it installed at.

> Once you have all the jars installed into geronimo you need to create deployment plan
for the war that tells geronimo to include the jars you need in the application classloader.
 I haven't used it in a while but you should try the applications/plan creator in the admin
console.  I'm not sure of its current capabilities but it will at least give you the framework
for a deployment plan.  If the wizard doesn't help you add dependencies to your jars you can
look the geronimo documentation on the xml format.

> hope this helps.... feel free to keep asking for help.  You may be able to  get more
real-time help on the #geronimo irc channel at chat.freenode.net but that depends on finding
someone who is there at the right time.