geronimo-user mailing list archives

From notivago <notiv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Persistence unit deployed with EAR
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 23:53:57 GMT

 Updating...

 By reading the following link:
 http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=46673

 I suspected that at least one module must be configured to use the data
source in order to the persistence unit to work. Indeed after configuring an
EJB with resource reference and mapping the resource to the data source
dependency artifact, the independent persistence unit jar did borrowed the
configuration and allowed the deployment to be successful.

 I may be missing something here, but I guess that either the deployment
should not validate separate persistent units or it should allow application
level configuration even it not being an actual JEE artifact.