geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EJB and Web tutorial 3.0 --> deplyment error
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2011 01:10:37 GMT
Hi, there is a simple typo error in your deployment plan file, in the
openejb-jar.xml, the artifact id is
  <dep:moduleId>
           <dep:groupId>default</dep:groupId>
           <dep:artifactId>CurrencyConverterEJB</dep:artifactId> <=========
           <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
           <dep:type>car</dep:type>
       </dep:moduleId>

While in the geronimo-web.xml file, the dependency wrote :

           <sys:dependency>
               <sys:groupId>default</sys:groupId>
                   <sys:artifactId>CurrencyConvertEJB</sys:artifactId>
<=========
                   <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
                   <sys:type>car</sys:type>
           </sys:dependency>

That is why the classes in the ejb module could not be found, I think that
there should be some error messages showing "missing dependency". If not, we
might need to improve the message output.

And,  it is better to try the new snapshot in Kevan's email, as there are
many bug fix, also we improve a lot for the console, javaee 6 support, OSGi
support and etc.
thanks.

2011/4/22 Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com>

> On Apr 21, 2011, at 6:00 PM, joquetaire wrote:
>

> > Forrest Xia wrote:
> >>
> >> Please try the latest 3.0 trunk. 3.0-M1 might not support that new
> >> feature.
> >>
> >> Forrest
> >>

> > 'new feature' you say  i'm sorry but... isn't accessing EJB from
> > Servlets/JSP 'the basic feature" of Java EE ??
>
> M1 was a while ago and definitely had it's share of bugs/missing features.
>

> > the tutorial is simply copied from v2.2 and screenshots are actually from
> > v2.1 - anyway, you say it may not work just because it hasn't been
> resolved
> > in v3.0 yet... so the question is:
> > + when v3.0-M2 will be available?
> > or
> > + where can download (COMPILED version of) latest trunk? - b'cos no way i
> > will manage to compile it by myself...
>
> Here's the latest 3.0-SNAPSHOT build:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/geronimo/assemblies/geronimo-tomcat7-javaee6-web/3.0-SNAPSHOT/geronimo-tomcat7-javaee6-web-3.0-20110421.083329-40-bin.tar.gz(you
should be able to find the .zip, full java ee, or jetty-based

--
Ivan