geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: providing jmx access in read-only mode
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 06:39:07 GMT
Hi Cedric,

that looks interesting, I've never seen it before.  We install an authenticator, but that
doesn't immediately appear to relate closely with the role/permissions stuff.  I don't see
any mention of this in the javax.management javaodcs although there are some permissions.

I'd be interested to know what happens if you try to set this up.  My first guess is that
you might need the login module used by the authenticator to add a JMXPermission to the subject
with name equal to one of the roles mapped to readonly.

thanks!
david jencks