geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Im Dj <jszjsm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Configuring JAXWS on Mac OS X
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 07:32:36 GMT
Hi Ivan, thanks for the reply.

I am new to OS X but I believe that a jdk is in use here as its defined in
Eclipse thus:

/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk

It would seem from the below link that Apple lays out the JDK somewhat
differently than Sun and there is no lib/tools.jar. From gooling around I
have seen that perhaps creating a symbolic link in lib for tools.jar linking
to ../Classes/classes.jar might help but this showed no improvement.

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Java/Conceptual/Java14Development/02-JavaDevTools/JavaDevTools.html
Java Developer Guide for Mac OS X

Comparing the logs on Mac vs Windows I see on the Mac:

[GBeanSingleReference] Started
default/cmdb-project/1.0/car?J2EEApplication=null,j2eeType=WebModule,name=default/cmdb-project/1.0/car

then it goes straight to:

[TomcatContainer] Creating context '/CMDBProject' with docBase
'/opt/apache/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.2.1/repository/default/cmdb-project/1.0/cmdb-project-1.0.car/'

However on Windows, between these two log entries, there are stacks of log
lines from other modules (and I've removed some for brevity):

MetadataFactoryRegistry --> Axis2ConfigGBean --> Loader --> StAXUtils -->
OMSerializableImpl --> Phase --> RepositoryListener -->
JAXWSUtils --> WSDL4JWrapper --> BaseWSDLLocator --> WSDLWrapperBasicImpl
--> AxisService --> AxisConfiguration --> TomcatContainer -->
TomcatWebAppContext.

There is no random generated folder in the web applcation's repository
folder - only a WAR folder structure and expected supported file and a
single jsp I am using to test the application is actually deployed (that
works when the app is deployed).

Is there anyone out there who is using OS X as their development environment
who might know what's wrong - I strongly suspect this is to do with Apple's
JDK ?

thanks.