geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.io.output.DeferredFileOutputStream
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2011 16:08:46 GMT

On Mar 16, 2011, at 5:04 AM, Martin Hejl wrote:

> Hi Kevan,
>
> thank you for your feedback - as suggested, I've created

Thanks.

> Adding
> <dep:hidden-classes>
>  <dep:filter>org.apache.commons.io</dep:filter>
>  <dep:filter>org.apache.commons.fileupload</dep:filter>
> </dep:hidden-classes>
> does indeed solve the problem (apparently, inverse-classloading doesn't even need to
be set).

Oops. I didn't mean to include the inverse-classloading element.

> Is there a way to get around having to add commons-fileupload and commons-io to  WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/
at all? I tried adding a dependency to the deployment plan

> <dep:dependencies>
>  <dep:dependency>
>    <dep:groupId>commons-fileupload</dep:groupId>
>    <dep:artifactId>commons-fileupload</dep:artifactId>
>    <dep:version>1.1.1</dep:version>
>    <dep:type>jar</dep:type>
>  </dep:dependency>
>  <dep:dependency>
>    <dep:groupId>commons-io</dep:groupId>
>    <dep:artifactId>commons-io</dep:artifactId>
>    <dep:version>1.2</dep:version>
>    <dep:type>jar</dep:type>
>  </dep:dependency>
> </dep:dependencies>
>
> to use the jars that are already on the server (without any jars in WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/)
but that resulted in the same java.lang.ClassNotFoundException

> Should that approach work, or should the WAR or EAR always be self-contained regarding
its dependencies?

You have both hidden-classes and the commons dependencies in your deployment plan? I would
expect this to work.

--kevan