geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@spaceapplications.com>
Subject Default Servlet mapping within ear deployer
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2011 12:06:51 GMT
Dear all,

I am having some troubles with the deployment of an ear that contains a
war with a servlet mapping like that:

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/images/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

The purpose is to let the default servlet serve everything in the images
directory, as there is another servlet that serves the rest:

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>app</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

While this works pretty well when deploying the war stand-alone, it
fails when deploying it as part of an ear (excerpt):

org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Web app xxx contains a
servlet mapping that refers to servlet 'default' but no such servlet was
found! at
org.apache.geronimo.jetty7.deployment.JettyModuleBuilder.buildServletMappings(JettyModuleBuilder.java:740)

It looks like that in the case of an ear, the default servlet is
unknown/unset. Am I missing some dependency to a gbean in the
geronimo-web.xml or geronimo-application.xml? I already tried adding
geronimo.configs.[jetty|jetty-deployer] without success.

As I could not find anything related to that, my current workaround is
to define the default servlet myself:

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>static</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.DefaultServlet</servlet-class>
  </servlet>

This only works when using jetty of course, and it would be nice to find
a way to use the default servlet also within an ear.

Any help would be welcome!

Thanks Thomas
--
Thomas Neidhart, Software Engineer