geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Martin Hejl <martin.h...@guh-software.de>
Subject Re: ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.io.output.DeferredFileOutputStream
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2011 17:06:28 GMT
Hi Kevan,

Am 16.03.2011 17:08, schrieb Kevan Miller:
>> Is there a way to get around having to add commons-fileupload and commons-io to
WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/ at all? I tried adding a dependency to the deployment plan

>> <dep:dependencies>
>>   <dep:dependency>
>>     <dep:groupId>commons-fileupload</dep:groupId>
>>     <dep:artifactId>commons-fileupload</dep:artifactId>
>>     <dep:version>1.1.1</dep:version>
>>     <dep:type>jar</dep:type>
>>   </dep:dependency>
>>   <dep:dependency>
>>     <dep:groupId>commons-io</dep:groupId>
>>     <dep:artifactId>commons-io</dep:artifactId>
>>     <dep:version>1.2</dep:version>
>>     <dep:type>jar</dep:type>
>>   </dep:dependency>
>> </dep:dependencies>
>>
>> to use the jars that are already on the server (without any jars in WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/)
but that resulted in the same java.lang.ClassNotFoundException

>> Should that approach work, or should the WAR or EAR always be self-contained regarding
its dependencies?

> You have both hidden-classes and the commons dependencies in your deployment plan? I
would expect this to work.
you are right - it works. It never occurred to me to actually try
setting the dependency and also hiding the packages (the way I read the
docs, the <hidden-classes> are for solving issues between different
versions of the same library - and since I specifically wanted to use
the library provided by geronimo, it didn't occur to me to try).

Thank you very much, this helps me a lot to keep the EAR/WAR small and
not have to include jars that I know are already installed on the server.

Martin

--
G & H Softwareentwicklung GmbH    Tel.: {+49|0} 7451 - 53 706 0
Robert-Bosch-Str. 23              Sitz der Gesellschaft: Horb a.N.