geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Martin Hejl <martin.h...@guh-software.de>
Subject Re: ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.io.output.DeferredFileOutputStream
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2011 09:04:23 GMT
Hi Kevan,

thank you for your feedback - as suggested, I've created

Adding
<dep:hidden-classes>
   <dep:filter>org.apache.commons.io</dep:filter>
   <dep:filter>org.apache.commons.fileupload</dep:filter>
</dep:hidden-classes>
does indeed solve the problem (apparently, inverse-classloading doesn't
even need to be set).

Is there a way to get around having to add commons-fileupload and
commons-io to  WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/ at all? I tried adding a
dependency to the deployment plan

<dep:dependencies>
   <dep:dependency>
     <dep:groupId>commons-fileupload</dep:groupId>
     <dep:artifactId>commons-fileupload</dep:artifactId>
     <dep:version>1.1.1</dep:version>
     <dep:type>jar</dep:type>
   </dep:dependency>
   <dep:dependency>
     <dep:groupId>commons-io</dep:groupId>
     <dep:artifactId>commons-io</dep:artifactId>
     <dep:version>1.2</dep:version>
     <dep:type>jar</dep:type>
   </dep:dependency>
</dep:dependencies>

to use the jars that are already on the server (without any jars in
WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/) but that resulted in the same
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException

Should that approach work, or should the WAR or EAR always be
self-contained regarding its dependencies?

Thank you for your help

Best regards,
Martin

Am 15.03.2011 19:44, schrieb Kevan Miller:

> On Mar 15, 2011, at 1:15 PM, Martin Hejl wrote:
>
>> Hi Kevan,
>>
>> Probably I'm doing something wrong - but I'm seeing the same effect.
>>
>> Here's what I did:
>> 	• create a simple Dynamic Web Project (jsp file containing the form definition,
and a servlet that the form-action points to
>> 	• add commons-fileupload.jar and commons-io.jar to WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/
>> 	• Deploy
>
> Even if the deployment plan does work for you, you could still create a Jira -- fileupload
probably shouldn't be in the axis2 classloader...

--
G & H Softwareentwicklung GmbH    Tel.: {+49|0} 7451 - 53 706 0
Robert-Bosch-Str. 23              Sitz der Gesellschaft: Horb a.N.