geronimo-user mailing list archives

From KHAksnes <khaks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Access to Geronimo KeyStores
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 22:02:36 GMT
Another workaround for me is to implement the KeyStore dependent code in a
web service implemented as a servlet, not as a stateless session bean. Other
code, (including EJBs) can reach them via the web service interface. This is
for me probably the best as probably had to implement this as web services
anyway, as interoperability with .NET is likely to be required. We are in
the middle of a process of cleaning up and redesigning some quite complex
C++ and .NET applications splitting them up and moving in a SOA direction.
New code will be written using the language/platform best suited for the
job. For large parts of the new stuff and some of the old Java is the
platform of choice. One of the major problems is large legacy databases
containing business critical information.