geronimo-user mailing list archives

From KHAksnes <khaks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Access to Geronimo KeyStores
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 09:15:46 GMT
As far as I understand the spesificatons the keystores needs to be configured
fully outside the applicaton code (by the container) to be useful from EJBs.
the programming restrictions in place (EJB3 ejbcore Chapter 21 section
21.1.2) And in particular this restricton:
 "An enterprise bean must not use the java.io package to attempt to access
files and directories in the file system." makes it impossible for EJBs to
setup and  configure file system based key stores themselves, this kind of
resources must be provided by the container somehow.
A possible solution could be a database based key store but I haven't found
one yet.
At the end this only leaves the getInstance methods of
java.security.KeyStore as ways of getting a keystore.  Dependency injection
whould be great but I can't find JNDI references anywhere. :-(