geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Neil Franken <ncjfran...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I need to pick your brains....
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 08:41:54 GMT
Hi David

Thanks for the reply. I have been having some limited success with
EclipseLink. I dump all queries from mysql into a log file and watch it
with tail -f /var/log/mysql/querylog. Simple technique and I can see all
queries being executed on the server when I run my project using
Eclipselink when I do a entitymanager.find(SomeClass.Class, Value) call
the JPA provider does not execute any SQL on the server.

If I run it with openJPA I can see SELECT col1,col2 FROM SomeClassTable
WHERE PrimaryKey =Value being executed. Now I am running geronimo 2.2.1
and I think the built in caching is probably a JPA2 specification. I
might be wrong here. However as we are dealing with a system where data
are mostly read only caching would be a great performance booster. I
tried installing the OpenJPA2 plugins for Geronimo but they have some
issue. So I am kind of stuck.

Will let you know what I find out as I progress.

Regards
Neil

On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 00:32 -0800, David Jencks wrote:
> Hi Neil,
>
> As far as I know openJPA and EclipseLink are both really good JPA implementations.  I
wasn't aware that either one provided data caching without add on products, but I'm not an
expert in either product.  In geronimo you are probably more likely to be able to find help
using openjpa because the geronimo developers know it better and openjpa is another apache
project.  Other than that guess I don't have much advice on a choice.