geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to classload servlet class using SharedLib GBean
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 00:42:45 GMT

On Feb 8, 2011, at 4:39 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> That looks OK to me at first glance.  Can you show the stack trace?  And can you indicate
what the class is and its inheritance hierarchy?  Sometimes NoClassDefFoundErrors show up
when a superclass or implemented interface is not in an appropriate classloader.

Right. Typically that message would look something like:

Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Classloader for
WebApp_IDcan't find Could not fully load class: org.foo/Bar due to:Lorg/foo/Baz;

Where org.foo.Baz could not be found... Are you sure all the necessary jars are in var/shared/lib
and the jars are readable?

That "WebApp_IDcan't find" should be cleaned up. That's gibberish.

--kevan