geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Shailen <khichi.shailen...@gmail.com>
Subject why we need to provide security realm name to a standalone ejb client?
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 10:27:41 GMT
Hi All,

I have a very simple ejb deployed on geronimo2.2.1. This ejb is secured
by a security realm(Database(SQL) realm). When I call this ejb from a
standalone java client, it restricts me from accessing it without
authentication.

But when I provide this principal and credentials then also it restricts
me from calling this ejb.
When I additionally provide realmName then it enables me to call this ejb.

My question is why do we need to provide the security realm name in the
client?

I am sorry if this is not the right place to ask such questions.

--

Regards,
Shailen (khichi.shailendra@gmail.com)