geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: why we need to provide security realm name to a standalone ejb client?
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 20:18:45 GMT
This is the right place to ask this question.

Geronimo lets you set up many security realms at once.  When you connect from a remote client
to call ejbs, there's no easy way to predict which application's ejb or which ejb you want
to call.  So you have to specify how you want to log in when you connect.

We could allow specifying a default security realm for all of openejb so if you don't specify
a realm we use the default.

thanks
david jencks

On Feb 1, 2011, at 2:27 AM, Shailen wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a very simple ejb deployed on geronimo2.2.1. This ejb is secured by a security
realm(Database(SQL) realm). When I call this ejb from a standalone java client, it restricts
me from accessing it without authentication.