geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Neil Franken <ncjfran...@gmail.com>
Subject EclipseLink JPA and Geronimo Question
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2011 08:51:29 GMT
Hi All

Sorry if this question is a newbie type thing. I am busy with a EAR
application that consist out of the usual stack of EJB and JSp/Servlets.
I got the EJB and Servlet/JSP Combination working perfectly on Geronimo
2.2.1. I followed the 5 minute tutorial on the website.

Anyway I got a J2EE application that I wrote in NB 6.9.1 and ran and
tested on Glassfish. Since Oracle seems to be letting NB slide I have
decided to move to Eclipse again and just start slowly with the basics
my ultimate goal is to port this application(NB/GF3) to Geronimo and I
am having a hard time with the connection pooling bit.

I have created a connection pool on Geronimo(using the wizard). This
pool is called jdbc/cnectd. I can successfully use the connection pool
on the geronimo server console and I execute SQL on it and get results.
All fine so far the pool seems to be running correctly. However after
adding a JPA project to my Enterprise Application in Eclipse setting up
the persistence classes I am cannot deploy. Just note that I did add the
jdbc/cnectd connection name to my Persistence.xml and mark it as a JTA
source.

Here is the error:

Distribution of module failed.  See log for details.
  Unable to resolve reference "JtaDataSourceWrapper"
      in gbean
default/sample-ear/1.0/car?EJBModule=SampleEJB.jar,J2EEApplication=default/sample-ear/1.0/car,PersistenceUnitModule=SampleJPA.jar,j2eeType=PersistenceUnit,name=SampleJPA
      to a gbean matching the pattern
[?name=jdbc/cnectd#org.apache.geronimo.naming.ResourceSource]
      due to: No matches for referencePatterns:
[?name=jdbc/cnectd#org.apache.geronimo.naming.ResourceSource]
  org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Unable to resolve
reference "JtaDataSourceWrapper"
      in gbean
default/sample-ear/1.0/car?EJBModule=SampleEJB.jar,J2EEApplication=default/sample-ear/1.0/car,PersistenceUnitModule=SampleJPA.jar,j2eeType=PersistenceUnit,name=SampleJPA
      to a gbean matching the pattern
[?name=jdbc/cnectd#org.apache.geronimo.naming.ResourceSource]
      due to: No matches for referencePatterns:
[?name=jdbc/cnectd#org.apache.geronimo.naming.ResourceSource]
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.getConfigurationData(DeploymentContext.java:656)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.install(Deployer.java:339)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:263)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:136)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:130)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:851)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:237)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.KernelGBean.invoke(KernelGBean.java:342)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor175.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:130)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:851)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:237)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.system.jmx.MBeanGBeanBridge.invoke(MBeanGBeanBridge.java:172)
        at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:836)
        at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:761)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1427)
        at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.access
$200(RMIConnectionImpl.java:72)
        at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl
$PrivilegedOperation.run(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1265)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doPrivilegedOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1367)
        at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.invoke(RMIConnectionImpl.java:788)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor127.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:305)
        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:155)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:535)
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport
$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:790)
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport
$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:649)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Any help would be appreciated. I suspect I am not deploying correctly or
mismatching something along the line.

Regards
Neil